10 Reasons to attend a
Scrapbooking Retreat in 2017!
- A creative retreat with your friends is a great way to indulge in a little self-care. One of the great things about getting away and going to a retreat is that it gives our inner voice the permission that we think we need to take time for ourselves and do what is right for us.
- A creative retreat is a great opportunity to learn or try something new. Every creative person I know is always looking for new and exciting ways to exercise their creativity and retreats offer a great way to explore new things. Retreats give you the chance to set aside some dedicated time to work on a new technique or skill and they also give you the chance to draw inspiration from the group of awesomely creative people retreating with you!
- Retreats help you focus and can be extremely helpful in getting your projects to the “next level.” Devoting time and focus to your projects allows you to take your projects to a level you may find out of reach when trying to be creative at home with all the distractions and busyness of daily life.
- Retreats are a great way to relax and de-stress. On a retreat you’ll get to enjoy a space created specifically with you in mind with plenty of room to lay out your projects and a great array of tools and products for you to use and purchase. Retreats offer a great way for you to relax, get your projects done, and leave feeling energized.
- Retreats are also a great way for you to connect with friends and share your creativity. I’ve always really enjoyed seeing what other creative people are working on and how they are putting their projects together.
- You really deserve a break! Taking a few days out of your busy schedule can be just what you need to reflect and re-evaluate and remember what’s really important in your Focusing on your loved ones, friends, and your relationships when doing your projects can be such a great way to get your priorities back on track.
- Retreats are a good time to reflect and capture your memories, accomplishments and achievements from 2016. I’ve always really liked looking at lists that have things from “the year I was born” or “the year I graduated” and often wish I’d (or my Mom or Grandma) had taken the time to create a personalized list of how life was during a particular year.
- Your projects are one of the greatest gifts you can give to your loved ones. My most treasured keepsakes are my scrapbooks and the pictures and stories they contain about my family and friends. Taking the time out to get away and focus on them has been one of the things I really find rewarding. People are always so happy to get a beautiful personalized gift and it truly is a gift that keeps on giving and only gets better with age.
- Retreats are a great way to make new memories. Like, This one time a Scrap Diva….
- Retreats are really really FUN! So don’t delay, get your group together and set up that retreat; and if you’re not part of a group but are looking to get involved with one check out one of our day crops on Meetup and join us on Facebook!
We have two upcoming Scrapbook Crops! Come join us and have some fun scrapbooking.
January 7th 9AM – 7PM RSVP on Meetup
February 4th 9AM – 7PM RSVP on Meetup