What you focus on expands in your life. This is why it is so crucial to fill your head with positive intentions, dreams and affirmations.
This concept first presented itself to me when I read The Seat of the Soul in my twenties. It was what Oprah calls an “Ah Ha” moment for me. I realized that no matter what occurred in my life that I could literally “write my own book” and shape my experiences through my intention. If I believe that I already had “what it takes” I could manifest this into reality. This concept presented itself again to me a few years later when I read The Secret.The Secret
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Here’s a scrapbook page that I created when I was 20 that summarizes my list of intentions, reminders and affirmations:
- I will always ask for more things and create my own accomplishments by demanding high expectations throughout my life.
- Stay healthy by eating more protein fruits and vegetables every day. Limit sweets to once a week.
- Trust your intuition and ask yourself many questions.
- You break an addiction by challenging it.
- Separate essential needs from artificial ones.
- There is a reason for everything that happens.
Tomorrow I will share with you the second page of intentions….
What are a few of your own? I would love to hear from you! Thank you for reading.