Be thankful when you don’t know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
I’ve always enjoyed the pleasure of learning and the sweet bliss of acquiring knowledge. I love the thrill and challenge of having no idea what the answer is and then figuring it out. One of the things I love about our scrapbook retreats is that I get to learn from the wisdom of the amazing women who retreat here.
I’m grateful for learning a plethora of things this year. Here’s a quick sample of a few things I learned in the last couple of weeks from my Scrap Divas and Friends. Thank you so much everyone!
– Kathy taught me how to make scones. She also taught me that I’m supposed to fill dry ingredients to the top. My whole life I’ve been filling it to the line! No wonder my cooking measurements always seemed off!
– Karen explained the difference between a dry measuring cup and a wet measuring cup
– Denise showed me that an icing bag coupler goes on the inside of the piping bag and apparently not on the outside. She also showed me how to tie the top of the bag so that I didn’t get icing everywhere.
– Angie recommended that I immediately take veggies out of the plastic bags and dry them on paper towels so that they keep longer. This actually works! It’s amazing.
– Michele showed me how to use Dawn soap to clean and refresh a Cricut mat.
– I’ve also learned tons of amazing things this year about social media, blogging and mixed media by watching YouTube videos.
– I learned you shouldn’t mix cool acrylic colors with warm colors until they are dry otherwise the colors turn muddy.
What have you learned this year? Please share with us by posting a comment. Thank you.
Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” — Christiane Northrup
If you want to join us on this journey of recognizing more gratitude in life please sign up here.